As part of the player development programme for 2017, the Warwickshire Union will be holding a number of Par 3 Strokeplay events taking place on the Par 3 Course at Marston Lakes on the following days:
- Sunday 9th April (Teeing off from 2pm)
- Sunday 30th April (Teeing off from 2pm)
- Sunday 14th May (Teeing off from 2pm)
The leading 12 players will qualify for an Order of Merit Final at Nailcote Hall on a date to be confirmed.
There are two key purposes for these Par 3 events which are;
- To give our current squad members some valuable time praticing their short irons and short game skills whilst competing in a 'scoring' environment amongst their peers prior to the Midland League season.
- To give any Warwickshire based golfer who has the desire to represent their County the oportunity to;
- meet our County Captains, Team Managers and current County players.
- ask questions and/or seek advice on their own development.
- show our officials and selectors their skills and abilities on the course under pressure.
- be considered for inclusion in future league matches and/or coaching programmes*
* Players would be required to meet some of the basic criteria covered HERE
Some of the key topics that our County Development Programme is focused around are also the main areas that the English National squads prioritise and are;
- World-class holing out
- Outstanding short game
- Precise wedge play
- Ball flight control
- Strategy and tactical awareness
If you are interested in taking part in the Par 3 Order of Merit please complete the following form as we will be in touch...