BACK TO UNDER 14's TOURNAMENT PAGE
The Conditions of Competition for the Warwickshire Boys Under 14 & Under 12's Championships are listed below.
Specific Closing dates and/or further qualifing dates connected with this tournament can be found on the entry form.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND PLAY
To be eligible to enter these Championships, a player must :
- be under the age of 14 years or 12 years respectively at 00:00 hours on 1st January of the Championship year.
- be in possession of a WHS Handicap Index at the date of entry as specified on the Entry form or have received a personal invitation to play from the Head of Boys Golf
- be a playing Member of a Warwickshire Golf Club affiliated to the County Golf Union
- obtain the permission of the County Secretary if he has represented another County, or played in another County's Championships during the preceding 12 months.
Conditions of Play:
- The Championship shall be played by Stroke Play over 18 holes.
- The Winner will be the competitor who returns the lowest gross score over 18 holes.
- In the event of a tie for first place after the specified number of holes, the Championship shall be decided on the day by sudden death play-off, over holes as specified by the Championship Committee.
- Other ties will be decided on a count back basis taking into account the Gross score for the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes, in sequence, until a result is obtained. If this does not produce a result the scores on earlier holes will be taken into account on a similar basis until a result is obtained.
- The use of ride-on buggies is generally prohibited in Warwickshire Union of Golf Club events. Players should walk at all times unless permission to ride has been given by the Championship Committee. Permission will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
- We ask that mobile telephones are only used in case of emergencies.
- Caddies are not allowed.
- The overall Winner will hold the Salver presented by North Warwickshire Golf Club for one year, and will receive a Silver medal and a Voucher.
- The overall Runner-up will receive a Bronze medal and a Voucher. Overall 3rd Place will receive a Voucher.
- The Winner of the Under 12’s Championship will hold the John Jewsbury Cup for one year, and will receive a Silver Medal and a Voucher
- The Runner-up in the Under 12’s Championship will receive a voucher
- Where a competitor eligible to compete in both Championships returns the best overall gross score in both Championships he will be awarded both Titles and associated medals and vouchers.
- In all other instances the rule that no competitor may win more than 1 prize will apply. Where a competitor in the Boys Under 12’s Championship returns scores which qualify for prizes, other than as the winner, in both Championships, he will be awarded the higher status prize and the other prize(s) awarded to the player(s) with the next best score in that category.
- A Voucher will also be awarded to the Winner of the Putting Competition being run on the day.
- Other prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the Championships Committee.
- Prize Winners and all other competitors are expected to be present at the prize giving.
- Applications and Payments may be made on-line via the County website OR by post.
- Entrants for the Under 12’s Championship automatically qualify to also participate in the Under 14’s Championship at no additional cost.
- Postal entries will only be accepted on the official WUGC Entry Form available on the County website or from your Club Secretary/Manager.
- Entry Applications – both postal and on-line - and related Fees, must be received by the WUGC County Secretary NOT LATER THAN the specified closing date for entries.
- No Entry Fees will be refunded unless intimation of scratching is received PRIOR TO the Draw being issued.
- It is a strict condition of entry that a Parental Consent Form is completed and returned to the WUGC County Secretary NOT LATER THAN the specified closing date for entries.
Dress Code After Play:
After play all competitors should read all the notes specified when the Draw Sheet is issued and adhere to any requirement issued by the host club to change from their on course attire.
Rules of Golf Applicable:
The Competition will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, and as supplemented by Local Rules.
Note: The use of Distance Measuring Devices which conform with the current Rules of Golf are allowed.
Resolution of Issues:
Any questions arising as to Entry Qualifications, Rules of Golf, Resolution of Exceptional Ties or any other points will be considered by the Championship Committee whose decision will be final. The Committee reserve the right to limit the number of entries.