BACK TO SENIORS TOURNAMENT PAGE
BACK TO SENIORS MATCHPLAY PAGE
The Conditions of Competition for the Warwickshire Seniors Strokeplay and Matchplay Championships are listed below.
Specific Closing dates and/or further qualifing dates connected with this tournament can be found on the entry form.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND PLAY
To be eligible to enter, a player must:
- have reached the age of 55 years before the day of the competition.
- be in possession of an ACTIVE CONGU playing handicap at the date of entry as follows:
Aged 55 to 59: Maximum 12 handicap
Aged 60 to 64 : Maximum 13 handicap
Aged 65 to 69 : Maximum 14 handicap
Aged 70 and over : Maximum 16 handicap
- be a playing Member of a Warwickshire Golf Club affiliated to the County Golf Union.
- obtain the permission of the County Secretary if he has represented another County, or played in another County's Championships during the preceding 12 months.
Conditions of Play:
- The Championship shall be played by Stroke Play over 18 holes.
- The Winner will be the competitor who returns the lowest Gross score over 18 holes.
- In the event of a tie for first place after the specified number of holes, the Championship shall be decided on the day by a sudden death playoff over holes as specified by the Championship Committee.
- Other ties will be decided on a count back basis taking into account, in sequence, the Gross scores on the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes, until a result is obtained. If this does not produce a result the scores on earlier holes will be taken into account on a similar basis until a result is obtained.
- The use of ride-on buggies is generally prohibited in Warwickshire Union of Golf Club events. Players should walk at all times unless permission to ride has been given by the Championship Committee. Permission will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
- We ask that mobile telephones are only used in case of emergencies.
- Caddies are allowed.
- Subsidiary Competitions by age groups shall be played within the Championship. The Championship Winner, the Runner-up, and the players winning 3rd place and Best Nett overall shall not be eligible for subsidiary group prizes.
- No competitor may receive more than one prize.
- The Overall Winner will hold the George Stubbings Salver for one year and will receive a Silver medal and a Voucher. He will also qualify for, and be expected to compete in, the English Seniors County Champion of Champions Tournament details of which can be found on the entry form or on the England Golf website.
- The Overall Runner-up will receive a Bronze medal and a Voucher. Overall 3rd Place will receive a Voucher.
- The player aged 55 to 59 years with the Best Gross Score will hold the Directors Cup for one year and receive a Voucher.
- The player aged 60 to 64 years with the Best Gross Score will hold the Jim Dean Cup for one year and receive a Voucher.
- The player aged 65 to 69 years with the Best Gross score will hold the Carl Bretherton Salver for one year and receive a Voucher.
- The player aged 70 years or over with the Best Gross Score will hold the Cyril Jewsbury Shield for one year and receive a Voucher.
- The player with the Best Net score overall will hold the Bill Dudley-Evans Salver for one year and receive a Voucher.
- Prize Winners and all other competitors are expected to be present at the prize giving.
- The 8 players returning the best Gross scores over 18 holes will qualify to play in the
Warwickshire Mens Senior Matchplay Championship for the John Whitworth Challenge Cup. Round 1 and Round 2 matches to be played at home clubs as designated in the draw – Final to be played on a course and at a date to be arranged by WUGC.
- Applications and Payments may be made on-line via the County website OR by post.
- Postal entries will only be accepted on the official WUGC Entry Form available on the County website or from your Club Secretary/Manager.
- Entry Applications – both postal and on-line - and related Fees, must be received by the WUGC County Secretary NOT LATER THAN the specified closing date for entries.
- No Entry Fees will be refunded unless intimation of scratching is received PRIOR TO the Draw Sheet being issued.
Dress Code After Play:
After play all competitors should read all the notes specified when the Draw Sheet is issued and adhere to any requirement issued by the host club to change from their on course attire.
Rules of Golf Applicable:
The Competition will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, and as supplemented by Local Rules.
Note: The use of Distance Measuring Devices which conform with the current Rules of Golf are allowed.
Resolution of Issues:
Any questions arising as to Entry Qualifications, Rules of Golf, Resolution of Exceptional Ties or any other points will be considered by the Championship Committee whose decision will be final. The Committee reserve the right to limit the number of entries.