BACK TO BOYS & U16 TOURNAMENT PAGE
BACK TO BOYS MATCHPLAY TOURNAMENT PAGE
The Conditions of Competition for the Warwickshire Boys & Under 16's Championships are listed below.
Specific Closing dates and/or further qualifing dates connected with this tournament can be found on the entry form.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND PLAY
To be eligible to enter, a player must :-
- be under the age of 18 years or 16 years respectively at 00:00 hours on 1st January of the Championship year.
- be in possession of an ACTIVE CONGU playing handicap at the date of entry as follows:
Under 14 : maximum 24 handicap
Under 16 : maximum 17 handicap
Under 18 : maximum 10 handicap
- or have received a personal invitation to play from the Chairman of Warwickshire Junior Golf.
- be a playing Member of a Warwickshire Golf Club affiliated to the County Golf Union.
- obtain the permission of the County Secretary if he has represented another County, or played in another County's Championships during the preceding 12 months.
Conditions of Play:
- The Championship shall be played by Stroke Play over 36 holes.
- The Winner will be the competitor who returns the lowest Gross score over 36 holes. In the event of a tie for first place after 36 holes, the Championship shall be decided on the day by play-off, over holes as specified by the Committee, and if still tied, by a sudden death play-off over the same holes.
- Other ties will be decided on a count back basis taking into account the Gross score for the second round and, if necessary, on the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes, in sequence, until a result is obtained. If this does not produce a result the scores on earlier holes will be taken into account on a similar basis until a result is obtained.
- The use of ride-on buggies is generally prohibited in Warwickshire Union of Golf Club events. Players should walk at all times unless permission to ride has been given by the Championship Committee. Permission will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
- We ask that mobile telephones are only used in case of emergencies.
- No caddies are allowed.
- The overall Winner will hold The Carl Bretherton Cup for one year, and will receive a Silver medal and a Voucher.
- He will qualify for, and be expected to compete in, the English Junior Champion of Champions Tournament and the Midland Junior Champion of Champions Tournament. Details of both tournaments can be found on the entry form or respective MGU / England Golf websites.
- The overall Runner-up will receive a Bronze medal and a Voucher. Overall 3rd Place will receive a Voucher.
- The Winner of the Under 16’s Championship will hold The Warwickshire Past Captains Trophy for one year, and will receive a Silver medal and a Voucher. He will also qualify for, and be expected to compete in, the Midland Junior Champion of Champions Tournament as mentioned above.
- The Runner-up in the Under 16’s Championship will receive a Bronze medal and a Voucher. 3rd Place will receive a Voucher.
- Where a competitor eligible to compete in both Championship returns the best overall gross scores in both Championships he will be awarded both titles, associated medals and vouchers.
- In all other instances the rule that no competitor may win more than one prize will apply. Where a competitor in the Boys Under 16’s Championship returns scores which qualify for prizes, other than as the Winner, in both Championships, he will be awarded the higher status prize and the other prize(s) awarded to the player(s) with the next best score in that category.
- Other prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the Championships Committee.
- The Coventry Evening Telegraph Trophy will be awarded to the Club Team returning the lowest Aggregate Gross score. Teams must include at least 1 player aged under 16 years at 00.00 hrs on 1st January of the Championship year. In the event of a tie the winners will be decided on the basis of the aggregate Gross scores for the second round or, if necessary, on the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes, in sequence, until a result is obtained. If this does not produce a result the scores on earlier holes will be taken into account on a similar basis until a result is obtained.
- Prize Winners and all other competitors are expected to be present at the prize giving.
- The 8 players returning the lowest Gross scores over 36 holes will qualify to play in the Warwickshire Boys Matchplay Championship which is generally held the week after the Stroke play Championship and at the same venue.
- The Matchplay Draw is issued as soon as possible after the top 8 available players are confirmed.
- In the instance where a player has informed the organisers that they cannot play prior to the draw being issued all qualifiers below this player will move up and the 8th place will be issued to the next qualifier from the Amateur Championship.
- When a withdrawal is confirmed from a player after the draw being made the next qualifier from the Amateur Championship will be offered the exact place from where the player withdrew.
- Round 1 (4 singles matches) is played on the morning of Day 1 over 18 holes or until a winner is found.
- The Semi Finals (2 singles matches) are played on the afternoon of Day 2 over 18 holes or until a winner is found.
- The Final is played over 36 holes until a winner has been determined.
- Prize vouchers are issued to Semi- Finalists, Runner-up and the Winner.
- Individual Entry Applications and Payments may be made on-line via the County website OR by post.
- Team Entry Applications must be made by post.
- Postal entries will only be accepted on the official WUGC Entry Form available on the County website or from your Club Secretary/Manager.
- Entry Applications – both postal and on-line - and related Fees, must be received by the WUGC County Secretary STRICTLY NOT LATER THAN the specified closing date for entries.
- No Entry Fees will be refunded unless intimation of scratching is received PRIOR TO the Draw Sheet being issued.
- It is a strict condition of entry that where a competitor will be under the age of 18 years on the date of the competition, a Parental Consent Form is completed and returned to the WUGC County Secretary NOT LATER THAN the specified closing date for entries.
Dress Code After Play:
After play all competitors should read all the notes specified when the Draw Sheet is issued and adhere to any requirement issued by the host club to change from their on course attire.
Rules of Golf Applicable:
The Competition will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, and as supplemented by Local Rules.
Note: The use of Distance Measuring Devices which conform with the current Rules of Golf are allowed.
Resolution of Issues:
Any questions arising as to Entry Qualifications, Rules of Golf, Resolution of Exceptional Ties or any other points will be considered by the Championship Committee whose decision will be final. The Committee reserve the right to limit the number of entries.