BACK TO BAINBRIDGE SHIELD MAIN PAGE
The Conditions of Competition for The Bainbridge Shield Knockout Competition are listed below.
Specific Closing dates and/or further qualifing dates connected with this tournament can be found on the entry form.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND PLAY
- Each Club may enter up to 3 Teams.
- No handicap restrictions apply.
Conditions of Play:
- The Competition is a Foursomes Scratch Knock Out, each round to be played over 18 holes.
- Any Match All Square at the end of 18 holes shall be continued until one side shall win a hole and the Match.
- Clubs are entitled to change their representatives for each round, but a player who has already played in the ‘A’ Team cannot subsequently play in the ‘B’ Team. Where a Club has entered a ‘C’ Team, any player who has already played for either the ‘A’ Team or the ‘B’ Team cannot play for the ‘C’ Team. Furthermore, once a team has been defeated, players in that defeated team cannot play again in any other team in that year.
- The ‘home’ team in each match will be decided by ballot, and indicated by the letter ‘H’ in the draw sheet.
- However, if that course is not readily available, the match must be played at the other Club.
- Whilst it is the responsibility of the ‘home’ team to offer 3 reasonable dates and to arrange the match in a timely manner and at a mutually convenient time, both teams are equally responsible for ensuring the match is played by the specified date. Unless a formal extension has been requested from and granted by the County Secretary, failure to achieve this will result in both teams being eliminated.
- All Matches shall be completed by the date specified on the draw sheet. Extensions of time may be granted provided that the home club have requested such extension from the County Secretary 7 clear days prior to the specified completion date. Other requests will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- The use of ride-on buggies is generally prohibited in Warwickshire Union of Golf Club events. Players should walk at all times unless permission to ride has been given by the Championship Committee. Permission will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
- Mobile telephones are not permitted to be used on the course, except in case of emergencies.
- Results of Matches should be communicated to the WUGC County Secretary in a timely manner upon completion of play, and in any case within 24 hours – preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Final shall be played in September each year over 36 holes at a neutral venue to be decided by the Union.
- The Winning Team will hold The Bainbridge Shield for one year, and will receive Silver medals and Vouchers.
- The Runners-up will receive Bronze medals and Vouchers.
- Prizes will be presented directly after the conclusion of play.
- Applications must be by post and only be made on the official Entry Form.
- All cheques should be made payable to The Warwickshire Union of Golf Clubs Limited (or WUGC Ltd) and must be sent with a completed Entry Application Form to the WUGC County Secretary to ARRIVE NOT LATER THAN the specified closing date.
- No Entry Fees will be refunded unless intimation of withdrawal of entry is received PRIOR TO the Draw Sheet being issued.
Rules of Golf Applicable:
The Competition will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal and Ancient
Golf Club of St. Andrews, and as supplemented by Local Rules.
Note: The use of Distance Measuring Devices which conform with the current Rules of Golf is allowed.
Resolution of Issues:
Any questions arising as to Entry Qualifications, Rules of Golf, Resolution of Exceptional Ties or any other
points will be considered by the Championship Committee whose decision will be final. The Committee
reserve the right to limit the number of entries.