BACK TO AMATEUR TOURNAMENT PAGE
BACK TO MATCHPLAY TOURNAMENT PAGE
The Conditions of Competition for the Warwickshire Amateur , Matchplay & Team Challenge Championships are listed below.
Specific Closing dates and/or further qualifing dates connected with this tournament can be found on the entry form.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND PLAY
To be eligible to enter, a player must:
- be in possession of an ACTIVE CONGU playing handicap not exceeding 5 at the date of application.
- (Note : exception may be made for players who have represented County 1st or 2nd Teams in the previous calendar year)
- be a playing Member of a Warwickshire Golf Club affiliated to the County Golf Union.
- obtain the permission of the County Secretary if he has represented another County, or played in another County's Championships during the preceding 12 months.
Conditions of Play:
- The Championship shall be played by Stroke Play over 36 holes.
- The Winner will be the competitor who returns the lowest Gross score over 36 holes.
- In the event of a tie for first place after the specified number of holes, the Championship shall be decided on the day by play-off, over holes as specified by the Championship Committee, and if still tied, by a sudden death play-off over the same holes.
- Other ties will be decided on a count back basis taking into account the Gross score for the second round or, if necessary, on the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes, in sequence, until a result is obtained. If this does not produce a result the scores on earlier holes will be taken into account on a similar basis until a result is obtained.
- The use of ride-on buggies is generally prohibited in Warwickshire Union of Golf Club events. Players should walk at all times unless permission to ride has been given by the Championship Committee. Permission will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
- Mobile telephones are not permitted to be used on the course, except in case of emergencies.
- Caddies are allowed.
- The Winner will hold The Carl Bretherton Vase for one year, and will receive a Silver medal and a Voucher. He will also qualify for, and be expected to compete in, the English County Champions of Champions Tournament, details of which can be found on the entry form.
- The Runner-up will receive a Bronze medal and a Voucher. 3rd Place will receive a Voucher.
- Other prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the Championships Committee.
- The Warwickshire Union Team Challenge Shield and Vouchers will be awarded to the club team returning the Lowest Aggregate Gross scores. In the event of a tie the winners will be decided on a count back basis taking into account the Gross score for the second round or, if necessary, on the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes, in sequence, until a result is obtained. If this does not produce a result the scores on earlier holes will be taken into account on a similar basis until a result is obtained.
- The Winners qualify for, and will be expected to compete in, the English Champion Club Tournament, details of which can be found on the entry form. On presentation of bone fide receipts, WUGC Ltd will contribute 50%, upto a maximum of £350, towards the cost of competing in that tournament.
- Prize Winners and all other competitors are expected to be present at the prizegiving.
- The 8 players returning the best Gross scores over 36 holes will qualify to play in the Warwickshire Matchplay Championship for the T.P.Cooke Challenge Cup which is generally played the week after the Amateur Championship at the same venue.
- The 25 players returning the best Gross scores over 36 holes will qualify to play in the Warwickshire Mens Open Championship, details of which can be found on the entry form.
- The Matchplay Draw is issued as soon as possible after the top 8 available players are confirmed.
- In the instance where a player has informed the organisers that they cannot play prior to the draw being issued all qualifiers below this player will move up and the 8th place will be issued to the next qualifier from the Amateur Championship.
- When a withdrawal is confirmed from a player after the draw being made the next qualifier from the Amateur Championship will be offered the exact place from where the player withdrew.
- Round 1 (4 singles matches) is played on the morning of Day 1 over 18 holes or until a winner is found.
- The Semi Finals (2 singles matches) are played on the afternoon of Day 2 over 18 holes or until a winner is found.
- The Final is played over 36 holes until a winner has been determined.
- Prize vouchers are issued to Semi- Finalists, Runner-up and the Winner.
Dress Code After Play:
After play all competitors should read all the notes specified when the Draw Sheet is issued and adhere to any requirement issued by the host club to change from their on course attire.
Rules of Golf Applicable:
The Competition will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, and as supplemented by Local Rules.
Note: The use of Distance Measuring Devices which conform with the current Rules of Golf are allowed.
Resolution of Issues:
Any questions arising as to Entry Qualifications, Rules of Golf, Resolution of Exceptional Ties or any other points will be considered by the Championship Committee whose decision will be final. The Committee reserve the right to limit the number of entries.