BACK TO WARWICKSHIRE OPEN PAGE
The Conditions of Competition for the Warwickshire Open Championship are listed below.
Specific Closing dates and/or further qualifing dates connected with this tournament can be found on the entry form.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND PLAY
Entry is by invitation only and is restricted to those Amateurs who entered the Annual Warwickshire Amateur Championship and to those Professionals and Assistant Professionals who entered the Annual Warwickshire PGA Championship and who in their respective Championships recorded a score equal to or better than the 25th best score recorded by those who are available to participate in this Championship. In addition, the organisers have agreed that a limited number of invitees may be included from each body.
Amateur competitors must hold an active CONGU handicap.
Conditions of Play:
- The Championship shall be played by Stroke Play over 36 holes.
- The Winner will be the competitor who returns the lowest Gross score over 36 holes.
- In the event of a tie for first place after the specified number of holes, the Championship shall be decided on the day by play-off, over holes as specified by the Championship Committee, and if still tied, by a sudden death play-off over the same holes.
- Other ties between Amateur players will be decided on a count back basis taking into account, in sequence, the Gross score for the second round or, if necessary, on the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes, in sequence, until a result is obtained. If this does not produce a result the scores on earlier holes will be taken into account on a similar basis until a result is obtained.
- Where Professional Players are tied the relevant prizes will be shared equally.
- The use of ride-on buggies is generally prohibited in Warwickshire Union of Golf Club events. Players should walk at all times unless permission to ride has been given by the Championship Committee. Permission will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
- Mobile telephones are not permitted to be used on the course, except in case of emergency.
- Caddies are allowed.
- The Winner will hold The W.F. Wiseman Challenge Cup for one year.
- The Leading Amateur will receive a Silver medal and a Voucher.
- The 2nd placed Amateur will receive a Bronze medal and a Voucher.
- The 3rd placed Amateur will receive a Voucher.
- Other prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the Championships Committee.
- The T.P. Cooke Salver and a Voucher will be awarded to the Amateur returning the lowest Aggregate Gross score in the Warwickshire Amateur Championship and the Warwickshire Open Championship. Vouchers will also be awarded for 2nd and 3rd Best Aggregate scores.
- Prize Winners and all other competitors are expected to be present at the prize giving.
- Entry Applications will only be accepted on the official WUGC Entry Form which will be provided to invited participants by the County Secretary.
- Entry Applications and related Fees must be received by the WUGC County Secretary NOT LATER THAN the specified closing date for entries.
- No Entry Fees will be refunded unless intimation of scratching is received PRIOR TO the Draw Sheet being issued.
- It is a strict condition of entry that where a competitor will be under the age of 18 years on the date of the competition, a Parental Consent Form is completed and returned to the WUGC County Secretary NOT LATER THAN the specified closing date for entries.
Dress Code After Play:
After play all competitors should read all the notes specified when the Draw Sheet is issued and adhere to any requirement issued by the host club to change from their on course attire.
Rules of Golf Applicable:
The Competition will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, and as supplemented by Local Rules.
Note: The use of Distance Measuring Devices which conform with the current Rules of Golf are allowed.
Resolution of Issues:
Any questions arising as to Entry Qualifications, Rules of Golf, Resolution of Exceptional Ties or any other points will be considered by the Championship Committee whose decision will be final. The Committee reserve the right to limit the number of entries.